7th December
Today's the 2nd day of our trip & I just reached the Lafu tribe today. Before I reached, I visited the Ban Jalae tribe where they showed us a video about the Yafu Village. Then we proceeded to the waterfall which was a 10-20 min walk away for our lunch. I didn't particularly like lunch there (dun see the rationale behind it).
Anyway, after this lunch thingy, I felt that I complained too much & felt so disgusted by my behaviour after that. So I told myself to be more appreciative with what was planned for us. Then, we had to climd the mountain to the Lafu tribe. It was tedious man! A very steep slope but I didn't mind it as compared to crossing the rocks at the waterfall coz I'm more of a land person than a water person.
Pheiyi almost gave up climbing but Xiaoyu & I encouraged her through it, now come to think of it; I'm so happy that she made it man! She's a tougher gal than I am man!
Upon reaching the tribe, I was surprised because the situation/comdition in this tribe is so much better than what I've expected. THe best of all, the toilets are sturdy with doors despite the water being icy cold. The food they cooked was good too. However, I still miss home. Wanted to call home but no phone to borrow & also, I thought abt him today. I want so much to tell him how much I miss him, but anyway...
Oh yah! It's really beautiful out there at night. Looking up at the sky, seeing the stars (it's very very clear) makes me feel good & happy & it also reminded me abt that night where zhe & I juz lie at the fitness corner, looking at the stars & listening to him talk.
That's all for tonight! Tomorrow's the 1st day we start work at the site. Exciting!
Thought of The Day:
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to anyone let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
Anonymous

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home